Her acting might drive you nutty but you can’t deny the girl knows how to bring you to tears at the final credits (no, not tears of relief that it’s over). Just cast your mind back to this selection:
- Crazy For You (1985)
- Sooner or Later (IB, 1990)
- I’ll Remember (1994, Something to Remember)
- You Must Love Me
- Don’t Cry For Me Argentina (all Evita, 1997)
- Time Stood Still (Next Best Thing Stk, 1999)
Of course, few know their way around a weepie better than her and she doesn’t always save those cinematic chills for the closing credits
- Frozen (ROL 1998)
- The Power of Goodbye
- Nothing Fails (AL, 2003)
- Falling Free (MDNA, 2013)
- Ghosttown (RH, 2015)
But still, I’ve just handed you another twelve songs - all of them epics from each of the decades she’s recorded in.
Get to know them, because to know them is to love them.