Distilling her 60 best moments into one list would be arbitrary; her musical ouvre deserves more.
After all, who else has brought the reinvention like she has? Like nobody before her she embodied the Italo-American girl raised Catholic who was left with a stack of mum and daddy issues.
When she deals with these issues musically - as in these twelve - they’re often incredibly personal and revealing moments:
- Promise To Try
- Oh Father (both from Like A Prayer, 1989)
- Inside of Me (Bedtime Stories, 1994)
- Mer Girl (Ray of Light, 1998)
- Mother and Father (American Life, 2003)
- Live To Tell (True Blue, 1986)
- Express Yourself (LAP, 1989)
- What it Feels Like For A Girl (Music, 2000)
- Waiting (Erotica, 1992)
- Devil Wouldn’t Recognise You (Hard Candy, 2007)
- Gang Bang (MDNA, 2012)
- Heartbreak City (Rebel Heart, 2015)