Done.it.all. Well kinda.
Hasn’t quite got the hang of reading the mood of the internet (has anybody?) and there’s that benevolence towards younger acts that sometimes seems a little, um, forced.
But has she still got anything left to say that she hasn’t already? Who cares? If we can pull her away from her snap chat filters she’s welcome to repeat herself ad nauseum. Her heart is always in the right place even if she doesn’t always hit her mark.
But what’s not to love about the queen of pop?
Her songs may not always be chock full of the deepest lyrics, but they’re brimming with ideas nonetheless.
And even now, it’s just plain endearing that she hasn’t worked out if ecstasy is something attained in a church, in bed or on a dance floor.
Either way, when she addresses that search musically she usually comes up with a decade defining game changer.
- Into The Groove (1985, Celebration)
- Like a Prayer (LAP, 1989)
- Vogue (I’m Breathless, 1990)
- Justify My Love (Immaculate Collection, 1990)
- Ray of Light (ROL, 1998)
- Lucky Star (Madonna, 1983)
- Where’s The Party? (TB, 1986)
- Fever (remixed version E, 1992)
- Nothing Really Matters (ROL, 1989)
- Nobody Knows Me (AL, 2003)
- Jump (Confessions on a Dancefloor, 2005)
- Give It To Me (HC, 2007)